Some days, I just don't have it. I don't have the mojo to clean, cook, shop, or take care of my family. I can't bring myself to pray, to read the Word or to Worship. Sometimes, all I can do is say the name of Jesus. When I have days like that, the only way I get through is through our Helper.
John 14:26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, He will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you."
This morning, the kids were in my bed and I offered to drive them to school because they were all warm and snuggly, and I just wanted an extra 30 minutes with them. They were comfortable and so was I. They decided at the last minuted to ride the bus, which meant we needed to rush to get ready. Rushed mornings are like ice to my veins. Shocking and cold. I don't like rushed mornings.
Once the boys were off to school, I thought of one thousand other things I needed to do than sit and read my bible. So, I did them instead of spending time with the Lord. I can tell what a huge difference today has been without a dose of time with God. I simply prayed "Lord, be my help today." I'm thanking God for this promise today:
Romans 8:26-27 "Likewise, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And He who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God."
I'm so thankful that today, the Holy Spirit himself is interceding for me in my moment of weakness. Be encouraged today that He is interceding for you, too.

No comments:
Post a Comment