Having been a Christian for a long time, I have been through different seasons in my walk with the Lord. I've been on mountain tops down to the valley. I have been steadfast, and I have lost my focus on Christ. One of my favorite promises God has given us in His word is that He is near to us. He's near at all times. We can find rest in that promise, and we can trust God to be true to His word.
I love that God is with us even when we doubt His plan. When God told Moses in Exodus 33 that He would be with him and give him rest, it was in the midst of Moses questioning God's plan. He didn't know or understand the how and the why of what God was doing, so he started questioning Him. He got real with God in prayer, saying "Look you brought me here, but haven't told me who is going with me. Show me your ways."
I find that I do that in my walk with the Lord, too. He tells me to do something (start a blog, for instance), and then I sit and wonder "what's next." I say "God, You haven't told me why or how." His answer is steadfast and remains "My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest." Knowing this promise will help us trust in other promises about God - that He is with us always, and He will give us rest.
One sure way to find rest is to get into His presence daily. He is always near, but are we near to Him? I know for me, I don't always consult with Him about my ups and downs, in and out. But, I also know that when I get into His presence, I am at peace and find rest in Him.
Do you have doubts about God's plan in your life? Do you ever wonder what is next? Trust in this promise today - He is with you and will give you rest.
Father God, I lift up my friends reading today. I ask that you help them know that You are near to them. Let them find rest in your presence today. Lord, help us identify those things that are distractions from entering into your presence on a daily basis, and strengthen us to be steadfast in You. In Jesus Name, Amen!

No comments:
Post a Comment